Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: Ahhh, The Weekend

Howdy Humble Readers...

While we are on vacation in the beautiful sunny Okanagan Valley, I am still keeping up with my fellow Bloggity Summer Campers (well, sort of).  I'll be checking in with you folks when we get back home. 

Today, Camp Director Calliope has asked, "What is your favorite thing about the weekend? Do you take a break from blogs or is this when you catch up?"

My favourite thing about the weekend is pretty simple.  I love watching my Beloved spend time with our wee girl.  Most weekdays, he only gets a brief window to interact with her while she is awake.  On the weekend, they get to really play together.  He gets down on the floor with her and she crawls all over him.  Peek-a-boo, wrestling matches with her stuffies, and of course, the constant "Ginny, NO!" when she gets anywhere near the bookshelves. 

It's a nice break for me.  I usually get out of the house for a few hours by myself (super glamerous grocery shopping and the like).  And just not being the only one that she crawls all over is a great thing. 

Because I'm still working on getting my bloggity mojo back, I try to keep my same routine for writing and posting on the weekends.  I do take a little time to get caught up on the blogs that I don't follow all that closely but still enjoy. 

What's your favourite part of the weekend?

1 comment :

  1. Seeing my husband play with and interact with the kids warms my heart even now.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.