Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: A Hobbit's Favourite Subject

Good Evening Humble Readers...

I hesitate to say this, but I think I have gotten myself into a good routine here.  I allow myself the time between when we put Ginny down at 8 until we get her up for her last bottle at 11 to write and peruse blogs.  I'm still not up to par on commenting, but I'm getting better.

And it's thanks in large part to Calliope's Bloggity Summer Camp...

Today Calliope asked, "What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Do you read food blogs or would you ever consider writing one?"

She wants us to talk about food?  A hobbit discussing favourite foods?  :)  I could go on for hours!  But I won't, I promise!

Here we go...

Breakfast - While I'm usually craving sweet in the morning, I try not to give in.  I would love to have chocolate croissants and danishes every day, but I know that's just not a good idea.  Instead, I vary things between greek yoghurt, cereal, and once or twice a week I have scrambled eggs and toast.

Lunch - This is my hardest meal of the day, partly because I get so stuck in a rut and eat the same thing all the time.  My favourite thing to have for lunch during cold weather is macaroni with tomatoes, basil, garlic and crumbled feta cheese.  Usually I just have a sandwich.

Dinner - Hmmm, again tough, but this time because there are so many choices.  Things that I've recently really enjoyed... roast beef with sour cream & horseradish potatoes, the black bean salad I posted about last friday, BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, and the chili lime roasted chicken that I posted about last year (made it a couple of weeks ago and I'm craving it again, but it's too hot to turn on the oven)


I do read a couple of food blogs, the Pioneer Woman, and the Tasty Kitchen blogs (links on my blogroll).  I love how both emphasize step by step pictures of the recipes.  I have gotten many great recipes from both websites.

I think I probably could write a food blog, but I would have to remember to take pictures of my recipes before they get eaten, and quite often I forget.  The other thing that would hold me back would be the fact that I don't have all that many original recipes.  Most of mine are combinations or alterations of recipes that are already out there.

If you could have your favourite foods all in one day, what would you have?

1 comment :

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.