Monday, July 11, 2011

Bloggity Summer Camp: The 'Rents

Good Evening Humble Readers...

Today has been a challenging and relatively unproductive day at the hobbit hole.  Wee Ginny is teething like mad, and I know that her first tooth is going to make an appearance any day now.  She was pretty miserable all day, but particularly this afternoon, until I broke down and gave her a dose of ty.lenol.  The only thing I was able to mark off my considerable to-do list was sorting through and boxing up Ginny's clothes that no longer fit.  I MUST clean the house tomorrow!!  (MIL is coming on Wednesday...)

Our Summer Camp topic is a bit similar to one from a few days ago.  Calliope asked us, "How are you different from your parents? How are you the same? Do your parents and/or family know that you write on-line?"

I would like to think that I have managed to take the best of all my parents (crazy family, in case you haven't figured that out yet), and left the worst behind, but I know that's not true. 

I know I nag like my Mom, and I have a habit of leaving my socks on the floor like my Dad.  But I don't (and I hope I never will) use guilt to get my way like my Mom does, and I hate being late for anything like Dad always is. 

My bio-parents are harder.  I see a lot of physical similarities, right down to how I write my upper-case Ls (just like my bio-mom) and how I look exactly like my bio-dad when I wear a baseball cap.  But in terms of personality, I'm not really sure what I share with them.  My bio-dad is a long time alcoholic, and there have been moments in my life when I saw that addiction would be an easy thing for me to slip into.  And for that reason, I choose to stay away from or strictly limit those activities that could lead me into trouble. 

My Mom knows I blog, or at least I know I've mentioned it to her a few times, but she doesn't really understand what a blog is.  I've never given anyone in my family access to this page, and I doubt I ever will.  This is my space to vent my spleen and be honest about how I'm feeling.  (Like the fact that I'm hurt and pissed at my sister these days)  Someday, I may give Ginny access to this site, so that she can read how much we went through to have her. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.