Friday, July 15, 2011

Foodie Friday: Tangy Pork Chops!

Hey Humble Readers...

As I write this I am watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.  I realized recently that I've only ever seen it once (how is that possible?) and that I don't even own it (how is THAT possible?!?!).  I apologize in advance if there are an inordinate amount of spelling errors, please forgive my distraction.

This week I want to share one of my go-to recipes.  I truly value recipes that are simple, tasty and a little bit unexpected.  This one qualifies on all three counts.  The recipe was adapted from this recipe on Allrecipes.com.

Tangy Pork Chops

4 Pork Chops, boneless
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp grainy mustard
1 tbsp minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 med onion, diced
Zest and juice of one lemon (about 2 tbsp)
Cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 325F.  In a medium bowl combine ketchup, brown sugar, olive oil, mustard, garlic, and soy sauce.  Stir until sugar is disolved.  Place pork chops into a baking dish that has been sprayed with the cooking spray.  Sprinkle pork chops with diced onion.  Pour sauce over chops and allow to marinate for at least a half hour (really best if you can let it go for a few hours).  Bake for 45 minutes or so (depending on how thick they are and how well done you like them), making sure to baste them every 15 minutes.  At the end of the cooking time, I baste them once more, and then put them under the broiler for 5 minutes. 

I serve this with lemony rice (long grain white rice cooked in two parts chicken stock and one part lemon juice).  The sauce is also good over the rice. 

As always, if you try it, please let me know what you think. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.