Tuesday, October 25, 2011

10 Weeks: A Hibernating Hobbit

Hey Humble Readers...

Again, I apologize.  I had the best of intentions last week to get back into the bloggy-groove, but keeping up with a wee girl who's just started taking her first steps unassisted is taking what little energy I have.  My Beloved is lucky if he gets dinner when he gets home at night, and my house is a disaster.  About the only thing I have accomplished this week was weeding out my sock/underwear drawer. 

How far along? 10w0d

Maternity clothes? Not yet, but I have noticed that some of my jeans are a little tighter.  I think my bella bands will be enlisted before too long.

Body Oddities? New this week: acne.  Otherwise still dealing with mild pukiness, supreme exhaustion, insomnia, crazy dry skin, constipation, IBS flares, hungry, occassional dizziness and headaches (I'm going to talk to Dr. B about that on Thurs).

Sleep? Still awful.  I'm exsisting on a series of naps.  I sleep for a couple of hours, then I'm awake.  Wide awake.  This happened last time around, so it's no surprise, I'm just really tired of being tired.  Ginny gets what little energy I have have left, and my poor Beloved puts up with the dregs. 

Best moment this week? Ginny's been very snuggly the last couple of days, and I'm really enjoying it.  She likes to curl up with me on the couch under my fuzzy blanket while I watch the morning news.  Blood sugars are coming along nicely.  I'm almost bang on most of the time (except for when I have a weak moment), and I'm just about there with my first morning test.  Feeling great about that.

Worst moment? I had a scare this week.  As a certified tp-checker, of course I habitually check for spotting.  Last week Thursday I had a teeny bit of pink on the paper.  I freaked out pretty majorly.  All is well, but I'm still counting the days until my NT scan so that I can see this little Halfling.

Movement? Not yet, but I am hoping to recognize it much earlier this time around.

Food cravings/aversions? Still jones-ing for anything spicy.  Franks Red Hot is my new best friend.  I'm also seriously craving protien.  I'm eating a lot of chicken these days.  I can't go near cottage cheese this time around.  I normally love cottage cheese and it was great as I high protien snack last time around... hopefully after the m/s goes away I'll be able to eat it again. 

Rings? Still on, and still loose.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around.

Intense Dreams? Lots.  A couple of delivery dreams, in one I have a boy and in the other a girl.  In one I had a c-section, and the other I delivered vaginally.  Also having dreams based on what I've been seeing on the news.  Not so fun.

Medical Concerns? On 200mg of prometrium 2x a day until 12wks, Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day... levels almost settled for now), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily)

What I miss? energy, sleep, french fries (oh how I want an order of poutine!), having a clean house

What I look forward to? My NT scan on Nov 14, the end of the first trimester, finishing the progesterone

Emotional State? Mood swings, primarily connected to my energy level, are making things interesting. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.