Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Week 9: Symptoms 'R' Us

Hey Humble Readers...

Long time, no post.  I'm sorry about that, truly. 

About all I've had the energy for lately is scrolling through Pint.erest for new recipes (most of which I'm not able to have until next summer... sigh) and sitting like a slugh on the couch.  In looking back at when I was at this point with Ginny, this is about when I hit the wall with the exhaustion.  I will get through this and feel more like myself soon, I hope.  I'm so thankful for the life inside me, and for the medication that keeps me pregnant, I'm just looking forward to having the energy to enjoy it.

(I've decided that I'm going to start my weekly updates, so that I have this record for Halfling 2.0.)

How far along?  9w0d

Maternity clothes? not yet of course.  But I do think that it will happen earlier than last time around.

Body Oddities? Morning sickness (not puking, just overall all day grossness), exhaustion, constipation, IBS flares, dry skin, incredibly sore boobs, hungry, backache, round ligament pain, gassiness, bloated

Sleep? I struggle to stay awake after 8pm, but then I'm wide awake at 2am.  Blech.  These days I'm living for the couple of hours in the afternoon while Ginny sleeps, so that I can crash too.

Best moment this week? Nothing really outstanding.  Any day with a solid nap is a good day.

Worst moment?  Finding out the my blood pressure is high again, and that I have to increase my bp meds.   Also, checking my blood sugar after I had chinese food for dinner (a very bad judgement call)

Movement? Not yet, but a lot of round ligament pain that makes me think feeling movement won't be too far behind.

Food cravings? Mushrooms, anything spicy (buffalo chicken anything speaks to me in a big, BIG way!)

Rings? Still on, actually a little loose, as I've lost a few pounds in the last few days.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around.  Maybe that's just wishful thinking tho.  We all know how acurate my gut feeling was with Ginny.

Intense Dreams? Lots, but nothing I really remember at this point.

Medical Concerns? On 200mg of prometrium 2x a day until 12wks, Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day... levels constantly changing), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily)

What I miss? Carbs, energy to do just about anything

What I look forward to? Seeing Ginny in her halloween costume, my NT scan on Nov 14

Emotional State? Just blah... exhaustion will do that to you.

Please drop me a note and let me know how you all are doing.  I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

(btw... I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow blogger has turned off the comments on all my posts.  Grrr.  I'm not sure how to fix it other than to go back through each and every post and set them to 'allow comments'.  I've done so for the most recent few posts.  Hopefully, I'll get it sorted out soon)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.