Tuesday, November 22, 2011

14 Weeks: Forward Momentum

Hey Humble Readers...

It is a fantabulously gloriously warm day here on the flatland!!  Two days ago our daytime high was around -20C, and today we are sitting at a balmy 8C (that's on the positive side!).  Snow is melting, and there is a beautiful chinook arch in the sky today. 

I was able to get started on my Christmas gift projects today, but sadly I ran out of one of my primary ingredients for my first project (sorry for the vaguaries... some of my readers may be receiving one or more of my homemade gifts this year and I don't want to ruin the surprise).  I'm heading out tonight to do some crafing with the girls, so I will hopefully have time to make a couple of pit stops.  I want to have these projects done by the first weekend in December so that I can ship what I need to.

How far along? 14w0d

Maternity clothes? Not yet

Body Oddities? dry skin, periods of extreme fatigue (getting better), alternating constipation and IBS flares, constant hunger, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache, cracking joints, super sore boobs, increased earwax (happened last time too), dry/itchy eyes, weight fluctuating a fair bit this week

Sleep? Better, but still not great.  The evening snoozes are really screwing up my sleep at night.  I have to break myself of them. 

Best moment this week? Not anything specific, just an increased feeling of motivation to get stuff done, and having some energy to actually accomplish it.

Worst moment? My doctor appointment yesterday was a disappointment.  Dr. B wasn't very interested in my questions or concerns, didn't check my blood pressure, and didn't even try to listen for the heartbeat.  I know that it might be too soon given that I carry so much extra fluff, but he didn't even suggest it.  AND, he's not referring me to an OB until after Christmas.  I know that's normal procedure (20 weeks, ''when the pregnancy becomes more viable''), but given my history and my complications, I would appreciate having a doc who specializes in obstetrics.  I really miss my Dr. U!!!!

Movement? Still in 'maybe' land.  Nothing that I could call definitive, but moments that make me wonder.  (like right now...)

Food cravings/aversions? Give me lime!!  I'm seriously going crazy for citrus... thank heaven that it's relatively low carb, and helps metabolize fats.  My weekly conversation with the nurse/dietician at the GD clinic brought to light that I'm not eating enough carbs, particularly at lunch... so I've been eating more and that's helped with the constant hunger a bit.  As for aversions, I'm wondering if I will ever be able to eat cottage cheese again. 

Rings? Still on, and a little loose again.

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around. (which, of course, means that it will be a boy)

Intense Dreams? None that I remember.  Odd.  I don't seem to be dreaming, or at least remembering my dreams, as much as I did last time around.  By this point, with Ginny, I had a strong mental image of what she looked like (even tho I thought she was a he) thanks to my dreams.  This time, nada. 

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day... levels are pretty well controlled for the time being), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily), kidney stones.

What I miss? Sleeping in bed with my Beloved and not on the couch, being able to read for any length of time (I either fall asleep, or lose focus... I've been reading the same book since September)

What I look forward to? Ginny's birthday, the beginning of Advent, going to K-town for Christmas, and having my next ultrasound as soon as we get home from K-town.

Emotional State? Overall, pretty good.  I get grouchy when I'm hungry or tired (just like Ginny), but I think I'm doing much better. 

(ps - I'm still looking for input on my health & beauty post from Sunday.  Please check it out!)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.