Sunday, November 20, 2011

Confession Time: Health & Beauty Edition

Hey Humble Readers...

Another post squeaking in under the wire... Dang NaBloPoMo!  I am in need of some input from my bloggy sisters. 

Here's the thing, this hobbit has never really been one for a lot of make up.  Special occasions call for a bit of mascara, maybe a little blush (I'm pale), and some lipgloss.  Most days the extent of my beauty regimen is pulling my hair back in a clip, do something with my bangs, and slap on some chapstick (an addiction). 

I've never really figured out the lotions and potions stuff.  Up until the last year or so, I haven't needed much in the way of lotion.  I have always had relatively oily skin, so I have avoided most moisturizers because the ones I tried always felt too heavy. 

But now, or at least ever since Ginny was born, my skin has gotten drier and drier.  Not just my face, but all over.  The thing is, for the majority of my skin, I can stick with Av.een.o and that does the trick.  I've even found a lotion for my feet that seems to be working (thank you, Gly.so.med).  But when it comes to figuring out what I need for my face, I'm at a loss.  I go into the drug store or the HBA section of Wally World, and I am totally overwhelmed.  And the advertisments on tv and in magazines are no help.

I know I need to start using something, but I just don't know what (I have some 'fine lines' that appear to be getting more substantial).  My mom has always been an advocate of a department store brand of skin care stuff, but it's way out of my budget.  That's why I'm thinking maybe a higher end drug store brand might be the way to go. 

I'm 37 years old, and I don't know this kind of stuff.  What kind of a woman am I?   

My question for all of you... what products do you like?  Is there something that I should avoid?  (I know I need to avoid vitamin A/retinol because it would be harmful to the Halfling)  I need some serious help here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.