Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Fun Never Stops

Hey Humble Readers...

I think I am destined to have complicated pregnancies, that's all there is to it. 

Progesterone deficiency resulting in recurrent pregnancy loss?  Check!

High blood pressure?  Check!

Insulin dependant gestational diabetes? Check!

And new as of last night...
Raging kidney infection and possible kidney stones?  Check!

It started with dark urine over the last couple of days, which I thought was just a result of not drinking enough water.  Then I started passing tiny little blood clots in my urine (anyone recall that "spotting" I had last week?  Likely tied to this and not vaginal bleeding at all). 

AND THEN... the pain... oh heavens!  The only way I can describe it... you know that stitch in your side you get when you run?  Well, imagine that only a hundred times worse.  Thankfully, each time it came on it only lasted about an hour.   Drinking water seemed to be the only thing that made it at all bearable.

So I was able to get in to see Dr. B today, and do you know what he said to me when he walked into the exam room?  "Oh, you're looking well today."  Grrrr....

Long story short, he wants to treat the kidney infection (massive antibiotics), and see what happens from that point on.  If I start vomitting (oh joy... m/s has finally just vanished, and this could bring on more vomitting??) or can't tolerate the pain I'm to go to the hospital and be put on an IV.  Greeeaaat...

Honestly, I'm thankful that this isn't something that could do harm to our little Halfling 2.0 and that I was able to get in to see my doctor as quick as I was.  I'm just tired of feeling like things might just be leveling out when something new comes along. 

I want to enjoy this pregnancy, not constantly be trying to balance meds(this one twice a day, that one 4 times a day on an empty stomach, the other three times a day evenly spaced, insulin injections, eat now and test glucose in two hours) and eating and water and sleep. 

I apologize for the whining.  I'm just not feeling well and that is reflected here. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.