Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: To Do, To Do

Hey Humble Readers...

I hope that you're all cozy and warm wherever you are tonight.  It's crazy-a$$ cold here tonight, and I am so thankful that we have a warm, safe home in which to hide away.  Praying tonight especially for those for whom shelter isn't a given. 

*****
My to do list is growing exponentially every day... this always happens at this time of year.  Thankfully, I was able to cross a few things off my list today.  I have just about everything I need for my hand-crafted Christmas gifts... I should be able to have most of them done this next week!  Yay!

*****
Another thing crossed off my list today was getting our flu shots.  Ginny did remarkably well, only crying for a couple of minutes after the shot.  I seem to be having a more pronounced reaction to the vaccine than I ever have before.  I'm experiencing achy joints (my hands feel arthritic) and the injection site hurts.  Never happened before... hmmmmm....

*****
It took going to two different dollar stores, on opposite ends of the city to find the supplies I needed for Ginny's birthday party.  Who knew that it would be so challenging to find green balloons and streamers?

*****
I'm a foodie, and as such I have certain expectations of my grocery stores.  Is it really so unusual for a customer to ask for chorizo sausage?  Really?  The girl behind the deli counter had no idea what I asking for.  She had to go and ask her superior, and that lady had never heard of it either.  And this was at a major grocery chain.  I wonder what they would do if I asked for quinoa?  (I ended up finding the chorizo at Wally World... go figure)

*****
It appears that Ginny is actually cutting two teeth at the same time.  Fun stuff!  An amusing side effect of her having a new tooth... she spent a great deal of time today running her tongue over it.  Like she was trying to figure out what the heck was stuck in her mouth.  Also, we had decided to start gently breaking her of her thumb sucking habit (mostly when she's tired or unhappy), but we've had to let that go for the time being.  We'll give it a shot again after these two teeth come through.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.