Wednesday, December 7, 2011

16 Weeks: Christmas Explosion

Hey Humble Readers...

I apologize for my prolonged absence this past week.  Between decorating for Christmas, doing Christmas cards, crafting for Christmas, and a teething wee girl... well, time got away from me.  I do hope that you are all doing well, and that your holiday preparations are coming along nicely. 

When last we talked, I was going to be going to a local dinner theater for my Beloved's office Christmas party... it was a blast!  The dinner was beautifully catered and my only problem with it was that there were so many great choices that I ended up not eating enough carbs and had a bit of a low during the second act.  The play was really funny (Maggie's Getting Married), and the main character was played by my nurse/dietician from the diabetic clinic, the one I talk to every week.  She did a great job. 

Ginny has done really well with the Christmas tree... she hasn't touched it at all, but she loves looking at the lights.  She is rather intrigued with a few of the decorations that are around where she can get at them, like one of my nativity sets (she likes to chew on baby Jesus) and our advent 'wreath'. 

My crafting projects are going okay-ish.  I'm a little frustrated with my lack of talent when it comes to some of the finer skills I need, but overall I think they will turn out fine.  I HAVE TO GET THEM DONE BY SATURDAY!!  I have to send off all our K-town gifts and I want to make sure that they get there in plenty of time. 

Anywho, on to the update...

How far along? 16w1d

Maternity clothes? I pulled out a pair of mat pants last week, and I'm loving the comfy-ness of them, but I feel silly wearing them this early.  They certainly are more comfortable than my regular jeans.  I'm trying to use my bella bands, but I think maybe they got too much of a workout last time as they don't seem to be working as well. 

Body Oddities? dry skin, periods of extreme fatigue (getting better), alternating constipation and IBS flares, acne, bruises from insulin injections, back ache, cracking joints, super sore boobs, increased earwax (happened last time too), dry/itchy eyes, NEW THIS WEEK - my hips have started locking up.  I have to make sure that I don't sit still for too long or I end up limping around.  Morning sickness seems to be gone again, hopefully for good!

Sleep? Better.  I still get up a lot during the night, and I usually end up out on the couch between 4 and 5am. 

Best moment this week? Ginny's first glimpse of the Christmas tree all lit up.  She was pretty excited!

Worst moment? I'm beginning to really despise having to have blood drawn.  They have such a hard time finding a good vein and I always end up bruised.  (had to go for a blood draw to screen for all the stuff that the NT scan should have showed)

Movement? Yup.  Nothing consistent, tho.  Just happens at random times.  I mostly feel it on the right side, just like I did with Ginny.

Food cravings/aversions? Now that my appetite is back, I'm back to being hungry all the time.  I'm surprised I haven't put on any weight with how I've been eating.  I think my craving for spicy stuff may be fading away.  But now all I can think of is meat.  Protien, protien, protien!

Rings? Still on

Gender? Not going to find out, but I'm leaning toward 'girl' this time around. (which, of course, means that it will be a boy)  I've had quite a few people tell me recently that they think it's a boy. 

Intense Dreams?  Oh my, yes.  Nightmares.  One involved a home invasion... I was, for some reason, living at my SIL's house, and the place ended up over run with 'bad guys'.  I was hiding in a closet and I could see them tearing through the house, and I just knew that if they found me I was dead.  Crazy!

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day), High blood pressure (on 100mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 150mg of zan.tac 2x daily), kidney stones.  We increased one of my insulin doses this week and it took me a few days to adjust.  We are getting close to the numbers I was at at the end of my last pregnancy.  That scares me a little.

What I miss?  Being able to eat whatever I want, whenever I want it.  I get tired of having to watch the clock to balance insulin shots with hunger pangs.

What I look forward to?  Getting my Christmas prep done, so that I can enjoy the season.  Going to K-town for Christmas, taking Ginny to see Santa this weekend.

Emotional State?  Pretty mellow, just a little stressed about Christmas stuff.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.