Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Week 29: Chicken or Egg Situation

Good Evening Humble Readers...

Fair warning... your friendly neighbourhood hobbit is in a pretty lousy head-space right now.  If I weren't pregnant, I would totally think I was PMS-ing (chocolate cravings and all). 

My blood sugars have been wonky, and I've been feeling like a weepy-angry-biotch-on-wheels.  The kicker is I know that my emotional state affects my blood sugar numbers in a bad way, and I know that my blood sugars (when out of whack) can wreak havoc on my emotions.  Oh yeah, and throw in stress-induced IBS flares...  Fun times! 

Seriously, I've constantly been on the verge of tears for two days.  I have got to get past this...

On to the update...

How far along? 29w0d (only 9 weeks to go!! HOLY CRAP!)

Maternity clothes? Absolutely

Body Oddities? VERY dry skin, alternating constipation and IBS flares, acne, back ache, cracking joints, super sore & slightly leaky boobs, dry/itchy eyes, leg cramps, round ligament pain, tingly fingertips, tired, gassy, Braxton Hicks, NEW THIS WEEK: increased clumsiness, tendonitis in my thumbs?

Sleep? Some nights it's been great, other's not so much.  On the days when I've had I decent night's sleep, I can actually get by without any naps.  That's a pretty great development, if you ask me.

Intense Dreams? I've still been dreaming a lot, but nothing tops that dream about my mom being pregnant.

Best moment this week? Ginny is developing a serious sense of humour, which is a tremendous blessing just now.

Worst moment? In the grand scheme of things, nothing truly earth shattering. 

Movement? Heck ya.  Although I'm really beginning to doubt that this child is ever going to turn vertical.  I get little hints that maybe it's going to happen, but then he/she is right back to trying to press my hips apart. 

Food cravings/aversions? Sweets, chocolate

Rings? Still on... huh?

Gender? Still thinking she's a she.  It's going to be really hard to stick to my guns and not ask at my ultrasound tomorrow.

Medical Concerns? Gestational Diabetes (insulin 5 times a day), High blood pressure (on 50mg of lobetalol 3x daily), continued heartburn (on 60mg of Pan.taloc daily), kidney stones (they're back!), low lying placenta, low iron.

What I miss? being able to get up from the couch without looking/feeling like a beached whale

What I look forward to?  Seeing the halfling tomorrow and getting a definitive answer about the possible placenta previa (the tech likely won't tell me, but I'll be able to call Dr. W's office on Friday and find out)

Emotional State?  Pretty much all over the place.  See above...

4 comments :

  1. {{{Hugs}}}...hope you return to an even keel soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sister, you are totally just like me. PCOS, IBS, crazy hormones, blood sugar issues. I get super angry crazy when my blood sugars are off. I didn't get GD, but I'm reactive hypoglycemic...and insulin resistant. So here's my best, unsolicited, advice for it. Blood sugar, the best thing for me is to eat a good amount of protein first thing in the morning, it sets me up for success... not that I always succeed, but that I will surely fail if I don't do it. IBS is wicked hard, especially during pregnancy. See if your doc has any medicines that are safe during pregnancy... even those probiotic ones. I have an anti-spasmodic that works WONDERS, but I don't know if it's pregnancy safe or not. Other than that, I say eat chocolate and scream and let it all out. :) Seriously, it always helps me to let the crazy hang out. ... Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Only 9 weeks already? I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I could have written this post, except I have cried. Three times already today to be exact. Sigh. Being pregnant and sick apparently brings out the worst in me. Yay for only nine weeks to go! I have 5! Eeeek! How did the u/s go today??

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.