Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

Howdy Humble Readers...
 
Wow, what a week we've had around the hobbit hole.  Teething, tantrums, a rather large police action less than a block away (that we still don't know any real details about) that involved what sounded like three blasts from a seriously big-a$$ gun, and then finding out that a friend was hospitalized with a serious bout of stomach flu.  Crazy!
 
But now it's Sunday night and that means, Sunday Night Chit-Chat over at Carla's My 1/2 Dozen Daily. 
 
Sleepy boy... with a fixation on his fingers!


What are you:
 
Reading?
I'm about halfway through Order of the Phoenix, so a bit more than halfway through my annual Harry Potter reread.  And my 'to read' list just keeps growing!  I ordered my copy of A Casual Vacancy (Rowling) this week, and I've the advanced reader copy of the new Ken Follet mega-epic on my night stand.  Zoiks!
 
Watching?
Nothing at the moment, but I'm planning on watching a mini-marathon of Once Upon A Time this evening.  Gotta refresh my memory for the season opener coming up. 
 
Baking/Cooking?
Dinner tonight was a new favourite.  Super easy Chicken Verde over Salsa Rice with Black Bean Salad.  Just throw 3-4 frozen chicken breasts in your slow cooker with a jar of salsa verde (tomatillo salsa), a tablespoon of cumin, and a tablespoon of chili powder.  Cook on low for 6 hours or 3 hours on high.  About halfway through the cooking time, add in a can of black beans (rinsed & drained) and a cup of frozen corn kernels.  At the end of the cooking time, shred or break up the chicken breasts. Serve over rice (I cooked my rice in chicken stock and salsa) or quinoa.  Not all that pretty to look at, but very very yummy. 
 
Happy you accomplished this week?
Went through and reorganized Ginny & Pippin's closet and dressers, filled most of the holes in Ginny's fall/winter wardrobe at the consignment store, and took Ginny for a haircut.  My wee sweet girl now has bangs (and I will post a pic as soon as I get a good one).
 
Looking forward to next week?
Making some progress on my Christmas crafting projects.  I think I've decided on my hand-made gifts for this year, so combined with the projects that I really want to do... I've got to get my butt in gear. 
 
Thankful for this week?
The generosity of people from our church.  One lady gave us a belated baby gift for Pippin (a cute outfit that will fit him by Christmas) and another brought us a bookcase she's no longer using.  I'm going to see if I can find a tutorial on painting laminated furniture, so that I can paint it to match our living room furniture.  Any tips?
 
What is something you've been procrastinating on and really should just do it and get it over with already?
The baby books!  I am so far behind on Ginny's and I haven't even started Pippin's yet.  It's just so daunting.  I'm thankful that I have this blog as a record (at least monthly) of their happenings. 

5 comments :

  1. Just finally got caught up on you blog posts. I've been terrible at reading and commenting lately. Boo! Adorable picture of the mister. Does he get any cuter?? Lil finger sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holey Moley. That baby boy is a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! It's so warm and inviting :)

    We're Once Upon a Time watchers too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a cutie in that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get back to OUAT. I haven't seen it since.....man, I can't even remember what was happening in the last episode I saw. Maybe something about Prince Charming's "wife", they found her or something, lol.

    He's absolutely adorable. Finger sucking=AWWW!!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.