Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Cozy Night At Home

Good Evening Humble Readers!

 

Well, the wee-lings are both asleep (in the same room, might I add!  And it's not even 9pm!), my Beloved is on his computer, working on his CGA course, and I am here... snuggled up on the couch with my fuzzy blanket and my computer.  It's a nice feeling. 

 

Now that I'm getting back into my blogging routine, I'm back to joining in with Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Please click over and check out what everyone else is chatting about tonight...

 

A Breakthrough! 
Ginny using a spoon the right way!  I was beginning to think
that she would end up trying to eat everything (even soup) with
her fingers right up until Kindergarten. 
She ate 2/3 of her dinner with her spoon, and ate almost all her
breakfast today unassisted!
What I'm Reading - Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling.  I'm liking it, but because I'm not reading it as steadily as I would like, I'm having a bit of difficulty remembering all the characters, because there are quite a few.  Obviously, it's very different from the Harry Potter books, but it's a good read so far.

 

Watching - My new Sunday night favourites... Call the Midwife and Upstairs Downstairs on PBS.  Both are excellent British dramas, and they're helping to get me through until Downton starts again in January. 

 

Listening to - My Beloved making himself hot chocolate.  It's become one of his nightly habits. 

 

Cooking/Baking - Well, on paper tonight's dinner sounded like a good idea.  Pork loin roast, stuffed with goat cheese, bacon, spinach, onion, and sundried tomato, the whole thing wrapped in bacon.  Served with mashed taters, roasted acorn squash, and yorkshire puddings.  For me, it was too much bacon.  And the flavours were all competeing with each other rather than working together, they seemed to fight against each other.  Looking forward to tomorrow's dinner... undone stuffed pepper casserole. 

 

Happy you accomplished this week - Finished up my Christmas shopping for the wee-lings.  Woo-hoo!  I still have stocking stuffers of course, but that's mostly going to be done in December.  Also got Ginny's birthday invited printed.  Just have to get them in the mail tomorrow. 

 

Looking forward to next week - Crafting with the girls on Monday, and of course seeing Ginny in her Halloween costume on Wednesday!

 

Thankful for today - That we have a roof over our heads and food to feed our family.  That I have a family to worry about and plan for.  That it is quiet and peaceful here right now. 

 

Are you located in an are that's supposed to be affected by Hurricane Sandy? - No, but we are dealing with an early onset of winter here in the Shire.  The snow that fell last week isn't going anywhere soon, and Ginny will have to be bundled up to the gills on Halloween for her little go-round of trick or treating. 

5 comments :

  1. I'm loving Upstairs Downstairs too! But, it's really no substitute for Downton.

    We're on the opposite coast from Sandy, but we are supposed to get a bit of rain next week. Otherwise, today it was close to 80F (27C), and not a cloud in sight. I sure would love it if you would send a bit of cold weather our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds amazing!!! Too much bacon?!?! Surely you jest!! lol! I'd love to read J.K. Rowlings new book sometime... Post when you're done with what though thought overall... I'd love to see what you thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downton is playing now! We just watched episode 7 of the latest season online yesterday :) i just search for downton abbey season 3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "too much bacon"... these words do not compute in that order. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pork loin had right up until sun dried tomatoes. I love them, but they sound out of place in that otherwise mouth watering sounding meal. Also, I think you made a type-o... I could have sworn you said "too much bacon," but that doesn't make sense :)

    Also, Downton is playing on Project Free TV. As it's on PBS when it airs here, I have no moral objections to watching it online as airs in Britain, and then again on PBS when it airs on our continent.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.