Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Special Delivery

Howdy Humble Readers!

So, remember in yesterday's post I mentioned something about not being able to post on Monday because I was kind of busy?  Well, this is what was keeping me busy.

Our Santa's Choice boxes arrived!  I was so excited! 

We signed up around this time last year, and we've paid a bit every week until mid-October.  Our 5 boxes arrived and I had a lot of finagling to do to figure out where all our goodies were going to go.  My pantry and cupboards have never ever been so full.  My freezers are overflowing!
Holy cow!
Hokey Dinah!
Box #1 of the frozen goods

Two Turkeys!
What I like about this service is that you lock in your grocery prices a year in advance and I'm able to get things that we would never otherwise be able to afford in December with all the other holiday expenses, particularly name brand stuff.  Seriously, I know that a lot of this food will last us well into February or longer.  We've signed up for next year already, and I'm happy with the decision. 

Of course, with so much shifting, consolidating, and tearing my hair out over where to put those 8 boxes of cookies, I decided that I wasn't cooking dinner.  We indulged with some of my recent Kijiji (a Canadian version of Craigs List) income and splurged on middle eastern food for dinner from a new place a block away.  Fanstastic hummus!  Ginny couldn't get enough of it too. 

4 comments :

  1. I have never heard of Santa's Choice before, but I think I may look into signing up for their service.

    I hope you enjoy a more carefree December because of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm..Didn't realize it was a Canadian company! Still a great idea--a little envious now :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I've never heard of anything like that! Sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...hummus. I could eat it every day :)

    This Santa's Choice is a very interesting concept!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.