Friday, January 4, 2013

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Friday Randomness

Howdy Humble Readers! 

Happy Friday!

Things here at the hobbit-hole were pretty chipper this morning.  It's a moderately sunny day and everyone was in moderately good moods.  We are in the midst of our usual January warm up before we get plunged back into the deep freeze.  We'll see how the rest of the day evolves.

*****
Yesterday was a big day for the extended Gamgee clan.  My Beloved's nephew became a daddy again.  Just a refresher:  My Beloved is the youngest by a LOT in his family, so all of his neices and nephews are grown up (youngest is 22).  The first biological great-grandchild, Thor, was born two months after Ginny was born.  Thor was born 9 weeks premature because his mommy's gall bladder decided that it didn't like the whole pregnancy thing.  He did amazingly well and before long he was bigger than Ginny.  When Thor's mom got pregnant again, her doc was optimistic that they wouldn't have a repeat of last time because she had her gall bladder removed.  She did have a little hiccup a couple of months ago, where her labour started, but the doctors were able to stop it, and she made it almost to her due date.  She had been having some back pain for the last couple of days and when she went to a regular doctor appointment yesterday, he immediately sent her to the mini hospital in their little town south of us.  An hour and a half after she got checked in, little mister Tyr arrived.  He was so quick that his daddy didn't even get a chance to get there (he was working here in the Shire).  I've seen a few pics, and the little guy looks a lot like his big brother, and a lot like his daddy.  I can't wait to meet the little guy. 

*****
I wanted to say a couple more things about my goals for the year.  I know that my list is long (and I've since come up with a few more things to add to it), but my way of looking at things is that a year is actually a long time, and the changes that I want to make and things I want to do are not going to happen overnight (case in point: I've already weighed myself 3 times this week.  Damn scale).  That's part of the difference, to my mind, between goals and resolutions.  Goals have trial and error, goals have a process.  Resolutions feel like they have to be done right the first time and they have to be done right NOW!  I'm not going to throw away my goals because I mess up in the first week. 

*****
Pippin has discovered the bookcases.  *sigh*  Here begins another 10-12 months of  'no touch' and 'those are Mummy's'.  In a funny twist, Ginny has become protective of my books and tries to move the little mister away from the shelves.  So not only am I having to rescue my books, but I have to rescue Pip from Ginny. 

*****
My Beloved is currently conducting interviews for his replacement.  I find it a bit ridiculous that he's having to do this, as January is the killer month of the year for my Beloved's role in their business.  He has to interview, hire, and train his replacement, all while managing to still get the tripled workload that comes at this time of year (and he has to have all this done in two weeks!).  Oh, and do his course work too.  Yikes!  I'll be so glad when he starts his new job. 

1 comment :

  1. Don't be surprised if Ginny starts bossing Pippin around in general! My two constantly tell each other "No! Don't do that! We don't throw books!" etc., even though they both constantly do the things they tell the other one not to do. It's actually pretty cute. So far I've had no luck explaining that dad and I are the ones who get to tell them what not to do.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.