Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Winter Friggin' Wonderland

Hey Humble Readers...

It is still cold in the Shire, but at least not as cold as what it has been the last couple of days.  It snowed for two days straight, and we are expecting more snow tonight.  I understand that I live on the frozen flatland, and that snow, cold, and wind are synonymous with a Canadian prairie winter, but this feels like it has been dragging on and on.  January and February are always the hardest months. 

*****
I have a quandary before me.  I love Downton Abbey (you hadn't figured that out yet, had you?).  My Beloved got me all three seasons on dvd for Christmas, and season three arrived yesterday.  I love having Sunday nights as my Downton night, but I'm finding it hard not to toss that dvd into the player right now and binge on the rest of the season.  I love the anticipation as I wait for each new episode, but part of me is screaming for that instant gratification.  What would you do?

BTW, last Sunday's episode?  Yup, I was a wreck.  Totally gutted.  And my Beloved just sat there laughing at me. 

*****
Humble Readers, I hesitate to bring this up, but it is the pressing issue on my mind and body this week.  I will warn you that it's very tmi, but really, after all the IF stuff, I'm not shy about talking about my lady parts.  At least not here.  You have been warned.

I have a yeast infection.  My first.  Ever.  And let me just tell you, this shit sucks!  I am uncomfortable.  I am grumpy.  And who the hell said that any part of the female anatomy, let alone the lady bits, are allowed to burn and itch like that?  I didn't sign up for this.  I.  DID.  NOT.  SIGN.  UP.  FOR.  THIS!!!  I caught myself daydreaming about steel wool.  It's time to go to the pharmacy. 

*****
In other body news... I have busted through my 19.6lb plateau!  Yay!  I am now officially 22lb down.  I'm going shopping again this weekend (I can because I have a coupon to one of my favourite clothing stores - spend $80 save 50%) because now the only pants that fit me are the two pairs of jeans I bought at the end of December.  My next major target is to be what I weighed when my Beloved and I got married.  That means another 14 pounds.  And if I can do it by our anniversary in April, that would be an added bonus... a little more than 10 weeks.  I think that's doable.

*****
Pippin is having a rough day exploring his surroundings.  He's trying hard to really crawl (rather than army crawl), but he keeps on ending up under the coffee table and bonking his little noggin.  I'm hoping to get some video of him trying to crawl, because really it is just too funny.  More often than not, he ends up doing a face plant into the carpet. 

6 comments :

  1. I love my home of Toronto, but I don't miss the snow and cold. Here in Manila it is 95 and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. You have the rest of the season at your disposal??? I'd have to watch it. Have to. I'm so jealous!

    I've never had a YI myself but I've heard they were a bitch. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    Congrats on the weight loss! I need to get on that train m'self....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd watch it now! Have a binge! Enjoy it. You can always go back and watch at a more relaxed pace! I am stuck watching on Sundays (Mondays if I record it). My parents got the DVD and they gave away some spoilers....I'm not happy about it!

    I've never had a yeast infection and have no interest in ever experiencing what you are! I am so sorry!!!

    Congrats on the weight loss! Great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm do glad it's warmed up too. Yay!! :) loved your pic at the beginning, hilarious! As for DA, I would wait and try to save it a bit! Maybe not one a week but a couple a week? I dunno I have a hard time just watching one too when the episodes are right at my fingertips! I had a yeast infection once after taking antibiotics and it was horrible so I can relate!!! Ughhhhh. Good job on the weight loss, that's awesome -keep it up! Just think, it'll only get better as the weather warns up and spring starts to arrive and we can get outside more. How's Pip's noggin? The monster sometimes still has a hard time gauging his surroundings and conks his head!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the weight loss that is incredibly good work!
    AS for DA, as a Brit I cannot help but adore it. And I wept for HOURS after what I assume is the Lady Sybil episode you are talking about!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm way late to the game, but... I gotta tell ya, I watched all of Season 3 already. The only I regret about it is now when everyone else is talking about what happened "this week" I am not on the same page.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.