Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat:

Howdy Humble Readers!

Happy Sunday!

Things here in the hobbit-hole have been a little bit busy this weekend, partially because I had a completely unmotivated Friday.  Blood donor clinic, grocery shopping (which I despise doing on a Saturday afternoon... but I can't blame anyone but myself for that), and the hairdresser for me yesterday.  Walmart and Toy's R Us (for a replacement on a Christmas gift) for my Beloved today.  Church for all of us this morning, too. 
All dressed up for church.

Pip, caught napping!

Reading - The Changeling by Philippa Gregory.  Only just started it late last night, but I think I'm going to like it.  It's Gregory's first foray into young adult fiction.  It's set in fifteenth century Italy, and so far I've just met the two main characters.  I'm anticipating much intrigue and drama. Finished my re-read of Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts last night... stayed up much too late reading. 
 

Watching - A documentary on one of the Queen's palaces (Holyroodhouse), and later Downton Abbey.  I adore Sunday nights!




Listening to - My Beloved doing the dishes.  All else is peaceful.  Pippin's sleep issues seem like a thing of the past.  (**knocking on wood**)








Baking/Cooking - Tonight was typical Sunday fare... a pork roast, mashed taters, veg, and yorkies.  I'm excited to try making Toad In The Hole next week. 



Happy you accomplished this week - Quite a few things actually.  I was able to give blood!  Hooray!  My iron was nice and high, and I had no issues at the clinic.  I got a haircut yesterday, my first since last April.  Basically the same style, just three inches shorter.  I placed an order for Ginny's winter coat and snowpants for next year (an awesome sale online at Please Mum.  Paid $38 total for both... regular price was well over $100).  And I did a fun craft project that, when framed, will be my mom's Christmas gift this year.  I will post a picture of it later in the week. 

Looking forward to next week - Making optometrist appointments for all four of us.  My Beloved hasn't been for an eye exam since I've known him, I need a new rx, and the wee-lings need to have their first exams. 

Thankful for today - My church family.  A wee little man who seems to be his happy, well-rested, well-fed (have I mentioned that he'd been uninterested in solid food during the sleep issues?).

*BONUS QUESTION* What chore around the house do you dread doing the most?  While I don't enjoy cleaning the bathroom, I have to say that laundry is my least favourite chore.  Which is a large part of why my Beloved does most of it.  It just drives me crazy that it's never ever completely done.

*****
This was posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Click over and check out what others are chatting about tonight.

7 comments :

  1. Happy Downton Night!!! I'm so glad that you got a hair cut and got a lot done this week!

    Yet another thing we have in common...I hate the laundry too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you like your hair?? S glad you went and booked an appt! Good for you for getting your resolutions crossed off already! :) love Ginny's dress, how cute. And the pic of Pip sleeping?? Adorbs! Also.....did I tell you CB downloaded me season one and two of Downton off iTunes??? I'm so into it! Are they on season three now? Hmmm....least fave chore would have to be putting the laundry away an folding it. I have no problem washing it,but there needs to be a fairy to put it away lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree about laundry. Worst ever that it is never done! I enjoyed your chit chat. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My least favorite chore would either me mopping the floor or dusting. I can't remember the last time I dusted...

    Downton Abbey....OMG...how absolutely gut wrenching! I'm glad I decided to watch it on PBS.org this morning when my hubby wasn't around to make fun of me for sobbing my eyes out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dishes, hands down, I hate doing dishes. Ugh. :) Glad you're doing well and got your hair done!!! That makes such a difference! I need mine done so badly, haven't had it cut since May. Oy. I look like a scruffy dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup.. I definitely need to start watching Downton Abbey. It appears i'm the last one to the party! lol!! I want to watch it from the getgo though and not sure if I can find the first episodes or not... hm.. Anyways, sounds like you had a great week! Good for you for doing some things for YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.