Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Moving Forward

Howdy Humble Readers...

First and foremost, thank you all for your kind words on my last post.  While I'm still not in a great emotional place about the whole thing, I am doing much better than I was on Friday.  This weekend has been all about wrapping my head around my new reality.  The metformin has been a biotch, no two ways about it.  I'm praying that maybe after a couple of weeks my body will adjust to it and not have to spend quite so much time in the bathroom.  Metformin + IBS = hell.
OMG My Pancreas Just Texted!
My Beloved and I are formulating a plan, and when I see Dr. B in a couple of weeks I hope that I will have a bit of a change already in progress.  I'll tell you all about the plan tomorrow.

Oh, and guess what?  It snowed again this weekend.  Argh!

Ok, on to the Chit Chat...

Here's what I'm

Reading - Still rereading Taliesin by Lawhead.  I love it.  It always takes me a bit longer to read fantasy, but I'm really enjoying it. 

Listening To - Nothing in particular just now.  However, since I joined the 21st century and began downloading music, I have found that I listen to it a lot more.  I've been spending some time tracking down some favourites that I have never actually owned (like K.D. Lang's rendition of "Halleluiah")

Watching - It's Sunday, so that means Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge.  I love CTM, and I really enjoy most of the characters in Selfridge, I have to admit that Mr. Selfridge himself is a bit irritating.  I'm not sure if it's how he's written, if he was really like that, or if it's Jeremy Pivin's portrayal of him. 

Cooking/Baking - Tonight was a balsamic pork roast, mashed potatoes (I just had a little bit), and roasted broccoli.  I'm excited because I've decided I'm going to try faro this week.  I came across a few new vegetarian recipes that I want to try, and faro is the primary ingredient in one of them.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy I accomplished this week - We converted Ginny's crib to a toddler bed this week.  She had finally started climbing out, so it was time.  It's been a challenging few days to say the least.  She seems to do better at night than she does at naptime.  One concession we have made for her is to allow her to have a couple of books in bed with her.  It seems to make her more settled in bed.  Everything is a process, right?

Looking forward to next week - While I'm sure it sounds ridiculous, I'm looking forward to cleaning my fridge.  It's one of those jobs that I'm terrible about getting to, and I've hit my breaking point.  I'm going to clean it on Thursday, when it's at its emptiest. 

Thankful for - You all.  Your encouragement, your continued patience with my prattling and my absences.  You are wonderful.

****Bonus Question**** Fill in the blank: I am by far the biggest ______ snob.  Water, no doubt about it.  My family used to own a water purification company, and as a result I can't drink any water that isn't purified by reverse osmosis.  I can even tell when the filters in our RO need changing just by taste.

******
This has been posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Pop over and check out what the others are sharing this evening. 

3 comments :

  1. to hear about the diabetes, but I'm looking forward to hearing about your plan for handling it. And about the transition to toddler bed - it IS a process! A never-ending one, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to reach out and say hi. Confident u can beat this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am by far the biggest car snob. I am cheap when it comes to food, liquor, clothes, shoes, etc. But I like to have a nice car!
    If you lose the weight, hopefully you can overcome the diabetes. You gotta do it for your kids! Smaller portions, eat healthy and get exercising! We love you and want you to be healthy and feel good! XXOO said with lots of love and care! And it's suppose to snow in Colorado Monday and Tuesday this week so I feel your pain.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.