Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Night Chit Chat: Broken Record

Hey Humble Readers...

Are you still out there?  Even after I dropped off the face of the earth?  **sigh**

Apparently... obviously... I have been in a real blogging slump for the last few months, and I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to break out of it.  I want to blog.  I need to blog.  In an effort to get myself back into the routine, I have signed up for ICLW for this month.  Hopefully it will give me the kickstart I need to get back at it. 

Other than my bloggy-suckiness, things in the Shire are pretty good.  My seasonal allergies and this spring cold that I'm battling are proof positive that spring really has sprung here on the frozen flatland.  It's a long weekend here north of the 49th parallel, and because he worked some overtime at the beginning of the month, my Beloved gets an extra-extra-long weekend.  He doesn't have to be back in the office until Wednesday afternoon!  Yay! 

In diabetes/weight loss news... my sugars have been really good for the most part.  There have been a couple of blips, but there were obvious reasons (like Pip's birthday party).  I'm walking a little over 6.2km every morning.  I am a hair away from being down 42lb.  The new capris that I just bought at the beginning of last month are getting too big. 

A one-year-old Pippin, post-cake. 
If you look closely, you can see cake in his ear.
I'll do a full post with lots of pics in a day or so.

On to this week's chit chat.  Here's what I'm...

Reading - I'm almost finished "Plan D" by Sherri Sheppard.  I've found it a bit repetitive and more conversational in tone than I like for non-fiction, but I have gotten a few good ideas and some good encouragement.  I'm also reading a historical novel called "The Purchase" about an excommunicated Quaker, his family, and the young slave they 'mistakenly' buy.  It's interesting, but slow.  I'm hoping it picks up soon.

Listening to - My Beloved, chuckling to himself as he watches youtube clips.

Watching - My Sunday night usuals... Call the Midwife and Mr. Selfridge (if I can stay awake that long).

Cooking/Baking - Because it was a bit cooler today, I decided to do what will likely be my last big Sunday night supper until the autumn.  Braised short ribs (done in tomatoes and sherry, with carrots, celery, garlic, and onion), mashed potatoes (with sour cream and horseradish), and roasted mushrooms and zucchini.  Was very yummy! 

Happy I accomplished this week - I've hit 10000+ steps every day for the last ten days.  We also went to the first farmer's market of the season yesterday.  It was a nuthouse!  They've expanded this year so there is room for a lot more vendors, but even so it was still crazy, especially trying to navigate the double stroller through the crowds.  Treasures from the day included two new pairs of pretty jewelled flip-flops for me (2 for $20), some fresh zucchini and cucumbers, and some illicit chocolate chip cookies.  Also got to go to a movie (Star Trek) last night with some girlfriends, and then out to a pub afterward. 

Looking forward to next week - Some fun family time.  Tomorrow it's off to a park for some play time on the grass (something that doesn't happen often enough, given our neighbourhood), and Tuesday we're taking the wee-lings to the library.  Ginny hasn't been in ages, and will likely go mad for all the books.  Thinking about going garage sale-ing next weekend. 

Thankful for today - Sunshine, rain, and green tea.

***Bonus Question*** Do you like your name? Would you change it if you could?  I've never liked my name.  It's gender neutral, and that has caused me no end of grief.  In fact, one of my BIL has the same name.  I would love to change it, but it would be bizarre at this stage of the game. 

*****
This was posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Why not pop over and check out what others are chatting about tonight. 

7 comments :

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishments, 10000 steps and down 42lb. What a terrific effort!!!

    Happy birthday to Pip too. Looking forward to reading about his first birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe Pip is now one! Happy bday buddy! Looking forward to that post. I've been in a funk too. Not sure what to post really....? So I can relate!
    Your dinner sounds so yummy. Mmmmm. You're such a good cook!
    Awesome job on the walking and weight loss. You should be very proud!
    The farmers market sounds awesome. We haven't been this year but I'd like to make a point of it now I think. How was Star Trek?! Can't believe you didn't say more about this??? Lol! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... congrat's on the weight loss!! Good for you! :) Keep it up and you'll just keep feeling better & better! I want to see the new Star Trek movie... was it good? I'm not a 'trekkie' but loved the first movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Pip! Looking very handsome! Way to go on your weight loss! You're doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW. Nope never liked my name either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss and meeting your step goal. Those are huge!

    I like my name now. When I was a kid, I hated it. It's Russian (Stasy is just a nickname), so where I am from, it's is extremely unusual. Hardly anyone says it properly unless they are family. My mother-in-law has known me eighteen years and still doesn't say it right. (Though at this point, I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW. Congrats on the weightloss. Your baby is super cute! Personally I love my name. I hated it when i was a kid because i could never find stickers with my name on it. Now, unfortunately it is becoming more popular thanks to a certain cartoon character and I am meeting dozens of little ones who are stealing my formerly unique moniker.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.