Saturday, June 8, 2013

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: This & That

Hey Humble Readers...

How are you all tonight?  Having a good weekend?  What are you and yours getting up to?  Things are pretty mellow around the hobbit hole.  My Beloved has an exam in his CGA course next week, so he should be studying like mad.  But hockey is on.  Not sure how much he's actually studying. 

*****
I went to donate blood today and once again my iron was too low.  Not terribly low, but enough that I wasn't able to donate.  Grrrr.  Back to taking the iron pills.  It's funny, I have IBS-D (yes, the D stands for what you think it stands for) and while the side effects of the metformin have tapered off, they still flare up from time to time, so you'd think that I wouldn't mind the iron.  But I just really don't like taking it every day. It gives me a bad taste in my mouth, and makes me feel bloated.  Maybe I'll try taking it every other day and see how that goes. 

*****
I'm seriously considering cutting my hair.  Not just a trim, but a real cut.  I refused to cut it right after the wee-lings were born, partly because my sister said that she was certain I would.  "All new mommies do."  Right now my hair is down to the middle of my back, past my bra band, and my bangs are finally grown out so that I can pull them back in my ponytail.  I'm just so sick of finding my hair everywhere... it's so annoying.  Part of my hesitation is that I don't have a regular hairdresser.  I haven't had one since I moved to the Shire when my Beloved and I got married.  I've tried a lot of different salons, but I've never found one that I'm overly comfortable with. 

*****
You may (or may not) have noticed the new weight loss ticker over there to the right.  The one labelled "the big picture".  I blasted through another plateau this week, and I'm now less than half a pound away from being 50 pounds down.  Woohoo!  Once I hit the 50 pound mark, my next target will be to weigh less than my Beloved.  That will be another 15 pounds (he's lighter than either of us thought), so I'm hoping I can get there by the end of July.  And after that, I want to be 75 pounds total down by my birthday in September.  I'm really feeling confident that I can do it. 

*****
I decided to get together with my bio-aunt.  She came to the hobbit hole yesterday and we had a nice visit.  She thought that the wee-lings were adorable (which they are of course).  We talked a bit about why I'm not in contact with my bio-family, and how as much as I'd like to be in touch with my aunts, uncles and cousins, it's impossible to do so and not be harassed by my bio-parents and siblings.  It was nice to see her, and she certainly hasn't changed. 

*****
Well, I think that's about it for tonight.  I'll be back tomorrow with the Sunday Night Chit-Chat and I have a post percolating that ties in with Jjiraffe's Project Dreamcatcher. 

3 comments :

  1. Your weight loss journey is so exciting!! I'm incredibly proud of you - losing weight is so, so difficult. I love the "weigh less than hubby" milestone. I haven't seen mine on a scale recently, but I know we're close to the same weight. The only problem is that he's about 11 inches taller than I am. Though I am pregnant and have a good excuse. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a random long-time reader but I had to say I am super, super impressed. That is a LOT of hard work on your part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weight loss is so impressive! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.