Sunday, June 16, 2013

Sunday Night Chit-Chat: Busy, Busy, Busy

Hey Humble Readers...

Did you have a good weekend?  Do anything fun? 
Ginny eating 'zert

Chocolate chin
On Friday night, my Beloved had a final exam in his most recent CGA course.  He was really happy when he got home because he felt that he did really well on the test.  He tried to tell me about some of the questions, but they are so beyond my level of understanding that my eyes just sort of glazed over.  Tomorrow he starts on course number three.  The text book is enormous! 

Ginny and I did some serious errand-doings on Saturday morning.  Tar.get (for some pretty big girl undies for Ginny... yes, we are going to give potty training another shot this week and the kind she wanted are only available at Tar.get), Wal.mart (a few odds and ends, some flower pots, and diapers), Home D.epot(paint chips for the bathroom and some plants) , and the butcher shop (extra special steaks for Father's Day dinner). 

Then, I raced around doing a few things at home because I had planned a surprise for my Beloved.  He's been working so hard lately, doing overtime and studying for his exam, so I thought some relaxation was in order.  I arranged for MIL to come up for the afternoon and evening so that we could go on a date.  We went to Starb.ucks, the bookstore, out for dinner, and to a movie (Star Trek - yes, I've seen it, but he hadn't and it was his choice.  Besides, Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto are yummy to look at ;) ). 

Today we decided to skip church in favour of having some quality time with the wee-lings.  I made a special breakfast (Spanish Omelette) and then he took Ginny for a walk this morning.  This afternoon I planted all the herbs and flowers I got yesterday (2 lavender, 2 basil, 3 thyme, and 1 gerbera).  We'll see how things go this year.  I don't have a great track record for keeping plants alive, but I have done well with lavender in the past. 

Like the title says... busy busy busy!

Now, dinner is in process so I have a minute to work on my chit-chat for this week.  Here's what I'm...

Reading - I finished The Art of Racing In the Rain by Garth Stein.  It was very good, just be prepared for a good cry.  I loved Enzo the dog's philosophical bent.  Now I'm almost finished Revenge of the Vinyl Café by Stuart McLean.  I adore Stuart McLean!  His stories are always funny and thoughtful and heartwarming.  Next up will probably be the last book in the Mitford series. 

Listening to - My Beloved playing with the wee-lings while they wait for dinner.  Current toy of choice is the Little People house.  Oh, now he's reading Puff the Magic Dragon for them.

Watching - Tonight I'll probably watch Food Network Star.  I got the first season of Game of Thrones from the library yesterday (yet another stop we made) and I might start watching that.

Cooking/Baking - A special dinner for Daddy!  Steaks with compound butter, double-stuffed-twice-baked potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms & onions.  Dessert is an eclair ice-box cake... layers of graham crackers & vanilla pudding with whipped cream topped with chocolate sauce.  I'm only going to have a teeny tiny piece, and the rest will go to work with my Beloved tomorrow. 

Happy I Accomplished This Week - Managing to keep last night a surprise for my Beloved, 50 pounds, eating out yesterday and keeping my blood sugars well in line.

Looking Forward to Next Week - going for a haircut!

Thankful For Today - My Beloved.  For the blessing he is to me and the wee-lings.  He's so patient, and gentle with them (and me too).  He works so hard to support our family.  I don't even want to think what my life would be like if I had never met him. 

***Bonus Question*** Do you have any summer weddings to attend?  Nope.  We do have a surprise anniversary party my Beloved's brother T and his wife.  They've been married for 30 years.  Woohoo!

*****
This was posted as a part of Carla's Sunday Night Chit Chat.  Click over to see what the others are chatting about tonight!

1 comment :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day! Your hubby sounds smart as a whip, good for him!! :) By 50lbs, you mean you've lost that?? If so, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.