Thursday, August 29, 2013

Hobbit-ish Potpurri: Oh My Aching...

Hey Humble Readers...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement on my last post.  I managed to get out for my walk yesterday (bigger bandage on my blisters) and actually got 6km in, plus I did my squats and abs & arms workout.  And by bedtime last night I could hardly walk.  LOL.  My... well, my glutes were aching.  Still are today, so I skipped my walk this morning and did a bunch of housework and grocery shopping instead.  Didn't get all my steps in, but I'm okay with that.  I also found a tip for stretching my new shoes, which I did today.  Tomorrow will be the test. 

*****
I meant to post this yesterday, but the day got away from me.  The winner in my giveaway associated with my interview with J.R. Vikse is Good Timing!  (Had my Beloved do the 'pick a number' thing.)  I'll be in touch soon GT, to arrange for you to get your copy of The Lazy Postman.  The second part of my interview with J.R. will be posted during September's ICLW. 

*****
So, other than a to do list a mile long for tomorrow morning (including packing), I'm feeling very ready for this trip.  I know it's just a couple of hours down the highway and only for the weekend, but I'm almost as excited as I was when we went to NYC.  Almost.  We agreed that we are only going to eat at restaurants that we don't have at home... little local places mostly.  Actually, most of the ones we've chosen have been featured on You Gotta Eat Here (the Canadian version of Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives).  And we have a few fun adventures planned that I'm looking forward to telling you all about next week.  My MIL will get here in the early afternoon tomorrow and then we are off!  Hooray!

*****
Pinterest find of the week:  Ok, actually I found this one a while ago, but I only implemented it about a month ago.  Instead of using shaving foam or soap when you shave your legs, use baby oil.  This is genius!  My legs feel so soft!  I add a step, using a sugar scrub on my legs first, then the baby oil.  I find that I don't have to shave as often, and the baby oil is also supposed to make your blade last longer. 

*****
Tomorrow, Friday, is my Beloved's birthday.  I am so very blessed to have him in my life.  He's a wonderful husband, an amazing father, and my best friend.  This trip is partly to celebrate his birthday, and I also have a big dinner planned for next week, the menu for which is a surprise for him so I'll have to tell you all about it later, just in case he pops on here. 

*****
Well, I'm off to bed.  I want to get a walk in tomorrow morning, and it's going to be a busy day.  Have a great long weekend everyone!

3 comments :

  1. Go you!! Good work, keep it up!!

    Yay for me winning the book! :)

    Enjoy your trip, you deserve it!

    Email me which restaurants, I wanna know! Hehe. Happy almost birthday to your Beloved. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got back out there!!

    Have fun on your trip! I am in the middle of planning a trip for my DH and I for October. Asheville, NC. here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found the motivation you needed and got out there. :)

    I hope your Beloved has a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.