Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday Night Chit Chat: This, That, and The Other

Good Evening Humble Readers...

First, here are some lovely flowers for you all... :)


I hope you are all doing well.  Things here in the Shire have been busy and a bit challenging this past week. 

Ginny and Pippin had a week of day camp (half-days) at the local rec center.  They both really enjoyed themselves and I enjoyed having the mornings to myself.  It did mean a bit of creative schedule juggling to get us all out the door in time to drop my Beloved off at work on time each morning so that I could have the car, but it was worth it.  An unexpected bonus of day camp was that I was forced to test how far Pippin's potty training has progressed, as they only take kids who are potty-trained (ie - no pull ups).  I made sure that he had extra clothes in his backpack each day, and he did really well, no accidents at all. 

I also had a regular appointment with Dr. B (our family doc) to get my prescriptions renewed.  We've been changing my blood pressure meds for the last 6 months or so trying to find the best combination for me that has the least side effects (one of the most recent ones gave me horrible back spasms and triggered IBS flares... not cool) and is easiest on our bank account.  The one med that's been consistent ever since I was pregnant with Ginny was the labe.talol, just in varying dosages. 

Turns out that Dr. B was under the impression that we were still trying to have more wee-lings.  LOL!  (He was the one who put through my request for a tubal ligation as a part of my last C-section AND sent my Beloved for his vasectomy.)  Because he thought we were still trying to conceive, he hasn't put me on more efficient meds.  So, now that we have cleared that misconception (pun not intended) out of the way, I can go on better meds. 

BUT... I have to be weaned off the labe.talol before I can go on anything else.  Definitely not fun.  Dizzy spells, migraines, and just feeling generally like crap have been the headlines for the last few days.  I have another week and a half of slowly reducing my dosage before I can start the new meds. 

On the upside, I have done a bit of reading and some creative writing this week.  My friends, Sira and JJ, and I have started our own little writers group, so that we have some accountability when it comes to our creative endeavours.  We had our inaugural get-together this past week and it was fun sharing our work.  Of course, after we were done talking about our writing, we immediately transitioned into our usual gab fest. 

Ok, enough.  Onto the chit-chat.  Here's what I'm...

Reading - Just finished a reread of Jurassic Park.  I've read it a few times since my teen years, and while the technology in it is a tad dated now, it still holds up on sheer entertainment value.  Now I'm into a historical novel called A Measure of Light by Beth Powning.  I'm only a couple of chapters in, but it's about a Puritan woman who, with her husband, is in the process of emigrating to America because of the persecution in Britain.  It's based on a true story, and I'm eager to see where this goes. 

Watching - Nothing in particular.  Planning on an early night tonight as I'm still pretty wiped out from the all-day headache.  I need to get caught up on my DVR'd shows though. 

Cooking - I ended up not cooking tonight, but tomorrow I am doing a turkey dinner.  Not a full-on Thanksgiving turkey dinner, but pretty close.  I've had this turkey in the freezer for too long now, and as the weather has cooled off considerably this week, I'm going to town.  The turkey will cover three dinners, plus some lunches this week.  I'm excited about it. 

Thinking About - My Beloved's birthday is coming up soon and I'm at a loss, as usual.  The only thing I know is that I'm planning on making him a root beer cake. 

Adding to My To Do List - Getting the hobbit-hole back in shape, reorganizing the wee-lings' room (again).

Grateful For - That there is a light at the end of the tunnel with this medication mess.  In a couple of weeks, I'll be on the new meds, and hopefully there will be no more headaches!

2 comments :

  1. So glad you are back to blogging! I have missed your little stories and shares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the kids! :) so cute. Hope you get all the meds worked out. That's no fun at all. :(
    Birthdays for hubbies can be tricky! Care to share the rootbeer cake recipe?!

    ReplyDelete

Hobbits are social creatures, and love hearing from friends old and new. Pull up a comfy chair and let's get to know one another.